Centrica Storage Limited
- Client: Centrica Storage Limited
- Location: North Sea
- Oil & Gas Downstream
The York gas field is located approximately 20 miles off the East Coast of Yorkshire, a joint venture between Centrica Energy & Centrica Storage to recover an estimate 106Bcf of natural gas. The YCW phase of the project was to prepare the existing Easington gas terminal to process the additional capacity from the York field. This involved disinvestment, modification & upgrades to existing plant, combined with the supply and installation of new processing equipment. The YCW phase was split into 10 separate sub-projects, inc. gas compression & recovery, nitrogen generation package, plant air compressor replacement, cross Humber pipeline restoration & emergency shutdown system capacity increase.
Client: Centrica Storage Limited
Project: York Completion Works
Location: Easington Gas Terminal
Value: YCW Project Value £6M
Disciplines: Project Management, Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning Support.
Multi-discipline approach utilising resources from all offices, interfacing with multiple stakeholders across all levels.
• Scope definition - process evaluation, technical safety and design works.
• Procurement - preparation of tender packages, tender evaluation & recommendations to the client.
• Multi-discipline detailed design works, utilising national and client specific standards, manage documentation control.
• Control of multiple high value programmes running concurrently, detailed project & resource plans.
• Engineering optimisation through constructability / maintainability reviews & identification of improvement opportunities.
• Construction support to ensure overall programme is delivered on time to achieve shutdown dates.
• Commissioning support to ensure plant is operational, ‘right first time’.
• Close out documentation & maintenance planning completed to ensure effective plant handover.