Centrica Storage Limited
- Client: Centrica Storage Limited
- Location: Onshore and Offshore
- Oil & Gas Downstream
As part of an obsolescence program, CSL made a strategic decision to replace a number of key business critical control systems:-
Onshore Terminal ESD - Functional safety assessment of existing loops resulting in a rationalisation of ESD and DCS functions. Change out of the obsolete ICS system to a PAC8000 ESD and an Emmerson DeltaV. Replacement of critical valve boxes and installation of an11M Video wall.
Offshore DCS - Upgraded from the ABB Masterpiece to System800xA, including modifications to control room layout.
Compressor Controls - Upgrade of the complete compressor control systems by Rolls Royce and CCC. Relocation of the offshore compressor control system to a new control room away from the main compressor.
Client: Centrica Storage Limited
Project: Control System Upgrades
Location: Onshore & Offshore
Value: Onshore Esd £5.5M, Offshore DCS £4.0M, Offshore Comp Controls £4.5M, Onshore Comp Controls £2.5M
Implementation by the On Line Design Systems Group utilising E&I support as necessary:-
• Projects taken from FEED though commissioning and close-out.
• Vendor selection and management throughout the projects. FAT acceptance and sign off.
• Management of the procurement interface, from quotation to requisition and expediting to ensure delivery to schedule.
• Interface management of all ‘other’ systems out of project scope i.e. OSI Pi, EHM etc.
• Production of E&I installation work packs, including supporting disciplines as and when required.
• Developed a robust changeover strategy to ensure 'business as usual‘ through the cutover.
• Construction and commissioning management, as well as onsite technical support to resolve any queries.
• Full project close-out including ‘as-built’ drawings, O&M documentation and plant certification.