Perenco UK Limited
- Client: Perenco UK Limited
- Location: Offshore - West Sole Alpha
- Oil & Gas Downstream
As part of a PoB (persons on board) capacity increase, the capacity of the generation equipment on the West Sole Alpha platform needed to be increased and upgraded. To facilitate this the main platform MCC needed to be replaced. On Line Design’s project brief was to provide a detailed construction work pack to disinvest the existing MCC and install a new MCC to be provided by others, while replacing as little as possible of the platform cabling, minimising cable jointing and overall platform downtime.
Client: Perenco UK Limited
Project: Generation Upgrade
Location: Offshore - West Sole Alpha
Value: Total Project Value - UndisclosedDetailed Engineering & Project Support - £80k
• Initial offshore survey to identify existing circuits and determine detailed scope of the work.
• Reverse engineering of an ‘as-built’ MCC General Arrangement Drawing.
• Detailed offshore survey of all cabling i.e. size, type, routing, circuit reference, etc.
• Optimisation of new MCC cubicle layout to minimise cable jointing.
• Audit and verification of MCC design to ensure original functionality was maintained, as well as incorporation of additional functionality.
• Design of temporary feed, supplied from a drill ship to Hoton, a remote unmanned platform to enable concurrent shutdown activities.
• Creation of an ‘as-built’ platform cable block diagram to assist the 3rd party vendor in designing the generation control equipment.
• Creation of a construction work pack detailing cable transition from the old to new.
• Material take off list for all joints, glands, terminations, etc.