- Client: Vivergo
- Location: Saltend Business Park, Hull
Vivergo Fuels bio-refinery, uses 1.1 million tonnes of feed grade wheat to produce 420 million litres of bio-ethanol and 500,000 tonnes of animal feed per year. Since commissioning the liquefaction plant had suffered from blockages downstream of the milling plant due to straw and chaff passing through the flour. Working with the mill manufacturers an engineering solution was agreed and successfully implemented to overcome the capacity constraint.
Project: Flour Grading Improvements
Location: Saltend Business Park, Hull
Disciplines: Project Management, Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning Support.
Multi-discipline approach utilising resources from all offices, interfacing with multiple stakeholders across all levels.
• Procurement processes for equipment and contractor evaluation - local sub-contractors and term contractors utilised.
• Produced designs to relevant British Standards where client standards not available.
• Multiple FAT attendance in UK and Europe.
• Identification of plant improvement options.
• Multi-phase implementation to achieve shutdown specific deadlines.
• Client commissioning and documentation support.
• On time, on budget to a quality standard which resulted in renewal of award into 2015.
• Detailed planning and programme execution.
• Construction Management activities - support operational site, term contractors, BP permits etc.